Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Very First Post

Vorvorlaka the Vampire
Welcome to the very first post of my new blog, "Dungeons for Breakfast." I plan to post about fantasy role-playing games, adventure modules, painting miniatures, and Appendix N inspirations.

I only recently started painting miniatures, and here are the steps I followed to paint Vorvorlaka as shown in the picture.

First, I applied basecoats of Runic Purple, Bloodless Skin, and Mountain Stone. I used Dragon White for the teeth, and I used a mixture of Monster Maw and Bloodless Skin for the mouth.

After adding several thinned layers of each of these paints, I applied several coats of thinned Black Wash, orienting the miniature in different directions to get the wash to collect in the recesses.

Next, I mixed Runic Purple with Dragon White to create a lighter shade of purple. I used this color to drybrush the miniature. Lastly, I used Testors Dullcote to seal the miniature. This is only the third miniature I have ever painted, and I am happy with the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment