Friday, July 6, 2018

Frost Devil with Basecoat

Frost Devil with Basecoat
Here is the Frost Devil with basecoats of Frost Blue, Dragon White, Candlelight Yellow, Stone Grey, and Blade Steel. The undiluted paint adheres well to the Reaper Bones miniature, but I think my first layer might still have been too thick.

Next I will use distilled water to dilute my paints and add more layers to completely cover the miniature and create rich colors. Then I will need to do some touch-ups in the detailed spots near the eyes and claws.

I might do something slightly different with the spear. Currently, I have Frost Blue on the handle, but I might change that to Saddle Brown.





 
Here is the alligator from Family Dollar with some cheap primer and the first layer of some cheap acrylic paint. I did not want to waste my good Reaper Master Series paints on such a large piece, so I picked up some cheap acrylic paints at the local Hobby Lobby. I was lucky to find a set of ten acrylic paints with a couple brushes for less than three dollars. I mixed the green and brown colors along with some water to get the color currently on the alligator.

No comments:

Post a Comment